Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Time is Ripe for Another Twilight Rant

Well, not so much a rant as complaining about something I just thought of. Ahem. . . *shakes out piece of paper* Much as I love Midnight Sun, I must admit this bothered me. When Edward is describing his "reckless angel," (you know, the books really are very religious. I really hate that.) he says her eyes are "sky-colored." WTF? That could mean anything. They could be pale blue, dark blue, black, white, gray, pink, purple, yellow, peach. . . The list goes on and on. Stephenie Meyer may have written a phenomenon (but not as big a phenomenon as Harry Potter!), but she just isn't a very good writer. I finally agree with my sister on that fact. A lot of the crap I write for fun is written wayyyy better. I mean, arms cannot be scintillating. Bella is a moron who is actually selfish and Edward is . . . kind of annoying. And stupid. And really, really hot and smart and charming and romantic. It's kind of hard to say bad things about one of the most idealized guys in literary history.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment